Sunday 16 August 2009

hearse

I'm coming home after work and the country roads are horrible, like I was driving 15 mph to make sure I didn't run off the road or anything, nobody else is out on the road or has been the past few hours because there are no other tire marks on the ground.


I'm keeping aware of my surroundings just to ensure no care slide stops into me off a side road or anything like that, then I look into my rearview mirror.I see headlights, they seemed to come out of nowhere and they were coming up fast, I'm talking at least 60 mph but are still a bit away from me.I just assume it's a snowplow that's making his way through so I throw my eyes back to the roads.As soon as I look back at the road the vehicle behind me is on my ass right now, and doesn't seem to be letting off.


I want to pull a dickhead move and hit the brakes to back em off but I don't want to cause a wreck so I just keep going.I put my turn signal on about a hundred feet away from my driveway to give a good enough notice for the car to hang back, but I see him put his turn signal on too.I pull in my driveway and up to the garage to see the car pull in behind me too.

Now I'm thinking it's someone I know or someone in trouble so I get out the car and try to see who it is.The car turns the headlights off and it's a fucking hearse.No one gets out and I can't make out anyone inside driving because they are at the end of the driveway and there are still mild flurries going on.I just stand there and wait for something to happen, but he just backs out of my driveway slowly onto the road and just drove off, it may have just been the snow but I never saw headlights or taillights come back on the hearse, eventually it disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment