Saturday 20 June 2009

28

  1. In high school as a teenager I sometimes stayed at this girl's house who lived in western Maryland, near Frederick. She lived on an older farm. The house had an old original side & a side that was recently build as an add on. The family slept on the new side & I slept on the couch in a tv room on the old side.

    I would just hang around with this girl, relax, watch tv, etc, but occasionally when I was watching tv I could see a figure walking out of the corner of my eye. It moved around right near the door way & anytime I looked over to see who it was, there wasn't anyone there. I didn't think too much of it nor did I say anything to anyone about it. One night though, when I was sleeping, I woke up abruptly to find a figure standing in the doorway looking right at me. I thought at first that it was the girl's step-father being really creepy but the figure was too small & frail looking. It looked like an old man. I stared at it for about 20 seconds before I finally blinked & it disappeared. I stayed up the rest of the night listening to the clock tick & chime on every hour.

    In the morning, I asked the girl if her step father came downstairs by any chance & maybe see if he was a sleepwalker. She talked to him & later in the day he asked to speak to me alone. Thinking he was going to tell me to stay the hell away from his daughter, I was surprised when the conversation literally went like this:

    Stepfather: Hey, Rachel talked to me & asked me if I was walking around last night. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't out of my room last night.

    Tcakes: Ok, I didn't think so.

    Stepfather: Can I ask you something? You sit on the left side of the couch when you watch tv right? Right where the couch reclines?

    Tcakes: Yeah normally.

    Stepfather: Does it ever look like theres a figure walking around in the corner of your eye near the doorway? Like walking back & forth?

    That was weird because I never told anybody about that & he described it perfectly to me. He told me that the previous owner of the house was an older man who lived there with his grandson. The grandson was killed in what I remember to be a situation involving him leaving his car on while he was on a hunting trip & falling asleep in it. The grandfather apparently took it extremely hard & his health deteriorated rapidly. He died a short time later.

    Anyway, apparently the grandson & I shared similar traits (fair skin & reddish hair). The stepfather thought that the old man was looking at me because I reminded him of his grandson. He also asked me not to say anything to the rest of his family because he had didn't want to frighten them.

No comments:

Post a Comment