Saturday 20 June 2009

38

  1. None of my experiences with the paranormal have been frightening in any way, I'm more comforted by them.
    When I was younger, my mothers best friend (whom I was very close to) committed suicide rather unexpectedly. One night my mom was in her room and I was asleep on the couch (we were poor) My mom walked into the living room, and saw her friend standing over me and whispering into my ear and patting my head. When I woke up, I told her something along the lines of "Ma, I had a dream about Annie last night." and she just responded "I know."

    My mothers friend loved plants and gardening, and every house I live in smells of flowers when I first move in, even if there are none in the house.

    Flash forward a couple years, it was a rainy night, a few days after my girlfriend of a few years dumped my for my best friend. My family has a long streak of depression, and that combined with my Irish temper didn't leave me in the most rational moods. I decided that I was going to end my life by driving up a long lonely road that leads to the beach, and drive off a cliff. Now in the past couple of days, I had been through my car with a fine tooth comb ( I'm studying to become a mechanic) and knew every nut and bolt in that car. There were absolutely no problems with it. So I drive to the gas station and pump $20 worth of petrol, get a pack of smokes, go to start my car, and nothing. In the 5 minutes it took me to pump my gas, the battery had somehow completely discharged, nothing was working. I had a jumper box, and even that did nothing. I got the car home on a tow truck and found out the battery had somehow instantly lost all of its voltage ( a dead battery will still read between 12V and 9V) so it wasnt like I had ran the lights too long or something. Anyway, on the way home, I feel this comforting feeling like I knew everything was going to be alright, I knew somehow Annie had destroyed my battery so I couldn't get up to the beach. kinda weird, but pretty damn cool at the same time. Just wish it was something cheaper....

No comments:

Post a Comment