Saturday 20 June 2009

48

  1. Around halloween two years ago, I was hanging out with friends the live about 35 minutes east of me, and we were in the mood to see some freaky shit.
    My friend said he knew of a little abandoned town about an hour away that was supposed to be really weird.
    We got out there, and it's a bunch of one level brown houses with dirt and rock "roads". Basically little cookie cutter places, and I really do mean little. They couldn't have been more than one bedroom, and they were old. They looked to be in really good condition for however old they're supposed to be. So we get to the little cemetery and we're lookin around, when it starts getting really cold (abnormally cold for a midwest October.)
    It starts getting kind of foggy, and we're gettin a little freaked out. The wind is blowing and it's not warming up when my friend says we should leave. We start making fun of him for being a pansy, when he gets really defensive and says he feels like he's being watched. I pop up from looking at the dates on head stones and he's right. I feel like someone's eyes are dead locked on me.
    I start agreeing with him that we should go, I was feeling more unsettled than I usually would in a situation like this. We walk out of the cemetery and try walking back to the car, but the fog is so fat we can't see ten feet in front of us. I'm just guessing, but we were in the middle of the houses when it started getting really bad. We heard a clicking noise to the right, almost like that noise people make with their mouth at a cat or dog, but more akin to two hard surfaces clicking together. Then it sounded like something was walking on the rocks between the houses. We didn't want to find out what it was, so we went left. Then we heard it in front of us, and went right. It got so bad we lost our sense of direction, because we'd walk past a house or two, hear the rocks shuffle and more CLICK CLICK CLICK. We weren't even slow walking, we were at a pretty brisk pace and we still couldn't get away from this noise. It must have gone on for 10 or 12 minutes but it felt like an hour. Eventually my friend yells "CAR!" and we just bolt towards it. We were driving down the rock path when it felt like we just exploded out of the fog. It just abruptly stopped a short distance past the houses, and we never saw any on the rest of the drive.
    Easily one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. I've never so desperately wanted to get out of a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment