Saturday 20 June 2009

5

  1. I began working at a new venue in NYC about a year and a half ago now. Upon first arriving here, I noticed the place gave a really eerie vibe at night. It's so full of life when there's a show going on and completely does a 180 when its closed. I guess most big spaced places are like this anyway.
    When I first got here things seemed pretty normal. Regular venue just like any other I have ever worked at. Late one afternoon during a closed night, our janitor was done with his work and was leaving me alone to lock up the place. I still had plenty of work to do. He turned all the lights off with the exception of one stage light as I requested so the room wouldn't be completely dark. From my office there is a clear view of the stage and no one can enter or exit without passing through me first. After Muhmamed (our janitor) left I made sure the backdoor was securely locked. There are 2 entrances to the place and the only open one now was the front door. As I'm almost finishing up must have been around 8pm, I feel a cold gust of air brush past me. Noticed it strange since our AC was turned off. Also this is in the middle of summer. I thought it was just the wind from the front door trying to justify it. I was after all creeped out on this place to begin with so thought it was just my imagination. Well shortly after, I notice someone walk past the main room with the corner of my eye and quickly turned to look just in time to see a shadow passing by. I caught the shadow of what looked like a person so I quickly got up and jolted to the floor about 10 feet in front of me anyway. I looked and called out if anyone was there. No answer. I quickly checked the bathroom, the kitchen, and the back hall area and nothing. No one. When I moved I heard my own footsteps. When I saw this person walk past, it was completely quiet. By this point I was scared and confused so I locked up and quickly left that night.

    About a month after this another strange event occurred. It was around noon this time. I was on the phone with a customer when all of a sudden the sound system in the club began playing really loud. Usually our sound engineer will come around this time & start prepping up for the nights show so I thought nothing of it. I got up, closed the club doors and got back on my call. It was so loud the place was shaking. Bass blasting and all. After I got done with the call the music just stopped. Although I had not seen Will (our sound guy) come in, I thought he might have snuck past me. About 30 minutes later Will walks in the door and I make a comment along the lines of "back from lunch?". He looks at me a bit puzzled & says he just got in. I tell him about what I heard and happened & we both go in and check to see if anything was left on from the night before. The computer on the monitors is turned off and the monitors are still locked with a key. There's no sign that the system was ever turned on that day or left on from the night before. Also, to get music you have to plug in your ipod & nothing was plugged in. No one leaves their ipods behind anyway. We just both looked at each other thinking what the fuck and called Muhammed (janitor) and ask him if he heard the music too. I was beginning to think I was going crazy and might have just heard things but Muhammed agreed with me that for a short period, the music was just blasting in that room.

No comments:

Post a Comment